Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

How do I get my new Samsung Smart TV to work as it should? I

Customer Question

How do I get my new Samsung Smart TV to work as it should? I plugged everything in, but it still operates as a basic TV
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Hang on a sec, I need to check. It is brand new. where do I find the model number?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works ok, but I want to use my PVR which I used with my old basic TV
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: Since I first tried to set it up
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The PVR is a TVonics. Will it be compatible?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 13 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know how the TVonics PVR is connected to the Televsion?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you are trying to change the source on the Television so that you can continue using your TVonics PVR receiver. I would recommend you follow the steps I have attached below to assist you  applying the changes;

1. Review the image attached of a Samsung remote. 

2. Press the button marked in the square box to pull up the source menu. 

3. Change the source to the relevant port that the TVonics PVR receiver is connected to. 

4. That should be all set now to view your TVonics PVR channels. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew