Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My email account is blocked can you help unblock it please,

Customer Question

Hi my email account is blocked can you help unblock it please
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Hotmail
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone and tablets
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know how to
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you all I wish is to have my email account back running please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know what happens, when you try sign in?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am not technically minded person, when I try and sign in it says blocked and a load of different solutions appears but I don't know what this means

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your outlook account which has been inaccessible. I would recommend you attempt the steps provided below to reset your account password; 

1. Go to - https://account.live.com/password/reset

2. Enter your email address and tap the next button. 

3. Review the recovery options attached to the account and choose one to complete verification. 

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and once the verification is completed, you will be prompted to create a new password. 

5. If the messages continues to prompt, please click on the following weblink for more information - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/account-billing/account-has-been-locked-805e8b0d-4141-29b2-7b65-df6ff6c9ce27

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew