Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Big problem. Can’t access data in the phone. Went twice to

Customer Question

Big problem. Can’t access data in the phone. Went twice to Apple, no problem with the iPhone. Changed the Sim card. Hadn’t solved the problem. But Apple could get my phone to access data with the technician’s Virgin Sim card!!!!!! Obviously it is a problem with Vodafone for you to solve promptly!
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I can use the phone but cannot access data without wifi. I want to talk to someone, it would be much easier
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: Aople did say I do not need to do that. It’s an iphone problem. As i said it worked with the Sum card from Virgin.
JA: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Smartphone Expert, I'll connect you shortly.
Customer: not an iphone problem! if you do noot help me better and on the phone, belueve me I am going to switch provider
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you mean? I want to brief someyluve i stead of loosing my time
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. When you say the handset data is not working, do you refer to the internet that works on the carriers network such as 3G/4G or 5G?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need to speak live to a technician. This is absolutely ridiculous. Great service Vodafone
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is someone calling me?

When you say the handset data is not working, do you refer to the internet that works on the carriers network such as 3G/4G or 5G?

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 7 days ago.

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you have a query relating to a Apple handset which you are unable use your Networks data services. I would recommend verifying with your network provider that you mobile plan includes monthly data allowance and if so, you will need to verify your handset if enabled to use those services and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below. 

1. Tap the settings icon from your home screen. 

2. Select Mobile Data. (Should be the 4th option down in the menu from the top)

3. Ensure Mobile Data is turned on. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew