Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

To you i am setting up a new computer but i am trying to

Customer Question

Hi i am Lana Powell, good day to you i am setting up a new computer but i am trying to recover my account, But while doing so it is asking my for my Credit card detailed including my name and the last four digits including expire date. i am curious. Can you tell me why i need to give all these information to recover my account
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: A Hp laptop
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?
Customer: 14-vo521sa
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes i did with my Mac book but lock myself out of it so i had to buy a new laptop
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am trying to set up this new laptop with my old outlook email address but it will not allow me to do so. when i purchased the laptop in curry’s the sales representative set it up with a temporary hotmail address which i need to change but it will not allow me to change to my old outlook address
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know what your email is that you are trying to recover?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you have a query relating to your Microsoft email account which need assistance recovering. I would recommend you reset your account password ***** to do so, I have attached a set of instructions which I would suggest you follow to complete the recovery; 

1. Go to - https://account.live.com/password/reset

2. Enter your email address and tap the continue button. 

3. Review the onscreen recovery methods and choose one to complete the reset process. 

4. If all goes well, you will be prompted to create a new password. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew