Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have not been receiving emails for some time. I have been

Hello Pearl
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have not been receiving emails for some time. I have been able to send emails. Unfortunately I have mislaid my password. Thank you Pearl.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: I am sorry Pearl. As an older person I am not familiar with the terminology. However I think it may be Outlook or Google
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: How could I check any antivirus and firewall
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not aware of anything else. However I thank you very much Pearl

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the email address for the account you have lost the password *****?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Google email account which you are unable to sign into due to a lost or forgotten password. I would recommend you reset your account password ***** to do so, please see the instructions I have attached to assist you complete the password ***** process;

1. Go to - https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=AccountRecovery

2. Enter your email address and tap the next button.

3. You may be requested to enter you last known password, if you are unsure, you may tap try another way in the bottom left. 

4. You see a list of recovery options attached to your account, choose one and complete the verification process. 

5. Once you have complete verification and it has been able to validate the information you have entered, you will be prompted to create a new sign in password. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew