Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have reloaded BBC iplayer twice according to the

I have reloaded BBC iplayer twice according to the instructions and it is still not working properly
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung….about six years old
JA: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: deleting my account. Connecting again witty my password, then putting the code in from my screen
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This applies to two TV sets I have in my home…. both Samsung

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know which device you are trying to set BBC iplayer on?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Samsung TV…..I have two of them ….both about six years old

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Samsung Television which you are attempting use with the Bbc iplayer application. I would recommend using the instructions attached below to get this working; 

1.  Open the BBC iPlayer application on your TV and select Sign In. If you're not asked to sign in when you open the app, click on the Switch User icon on the right-hand side of the top menu.

2. On your mobile/tablet/computer, open your internet browser and go to www.bbc.com/account/tv. You'll see a screen asking you to confirm your account details so just check your email address and password ***** select Sign in.

3. You'll now see a screen on your mobile/tablet/computer saying "Enter the code shown on your TV". Enter the activation code that appears on your TV screen, then select Sign in on your TV.

4. Wait a few seconds for your TV to catch up, and then you're done! You're now signed in on your TV.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have to go out in a few minutes so can the technician call me after 3.30 please?

Your request is open to other experts, once someone is available, i'm sure someone will be in contact.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have followed your instructions several times, without success. It seems to give me part of the homepage, but no way to choose my own programmes. My screen looks like this :

Have you tried to use the options on the left hand side?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have been to settings and signed out then back in again using the code
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ah yes I can get the channels via that, but why is the presentation so different and difficult
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ll leave it like that for the moment and maybe the Format will revert to something which is easier to access again. Thanks for your help. I cancel the need for a phone call thank you.

You don't need to sign out, the home screen symbol is for Channels, the one below it is for Categories and then the magnifing glass is a search function.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you .

No problem.