Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My mobile is switched on but locked. When I input the

My mobile is switched on but locked. When I input the security symbol I get a messge saying "try again in 30 seconds"
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: The mobile is Galaxy A10
JA: How long have you had your A10?
Customer: Must be about 3-4 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I have pressed the volume and start switch simultaneously but this has had no effect
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is all
Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.
hank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.
  •  Could you let me know how many times the password ***** been entered incorrectly?
  • Customer: replied 9 days ago.
    3 times
    Customer: replied 9 days ago.
    how do I resolve the [email protected]

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Samsung handset which has been time blocked due to incorrect entering incorrect passwords. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the time passes until you can enter the password ***** If you have lost or forgotten the password, then the options are very narrow here as the firmware does not offer any password ***** options, however, you may go down the route of a factory reset which, however, deletes all your data and contents from the handset. If you wish to continue and to go down the factory reset options, I will attach a set of instructions you will need to attempt;

Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power/Bixby key and Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key. Release the keys when the Android mascot appears. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the Volume Down key to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press the Power/Bixby key to proceed.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!Andrew
    Customer: replied 9 days ago.
    Unfortunately I cannot turn the phone off. When I press the Power Off button it asks for the passwod pattern which is then rejected

To restart device, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
    Thank you. The problem has been resolved.

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
    OK.Over and out

All the best.