michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Pete. I'm on holiday in Dubai and bought a local sim card

Hi Pete. I'm on holiday in Dubai and bought a local sim card for my Samsung Galaxy A70 mobile phone, but the phone needs to be unlocked. Can you help please ?
JA: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?
Customer: It works with my UK sim but not with the new local sim that I bought today
JA: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?
Customer: Yes I think so - how do I check ?
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IMEI number is *****Make: SamsungModel: Galaxy A70

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Michelle and I will be assisting you today.
I will try my best to assist you.

If I understand, your Samsung Galaxy A70 is currently locked and you cannot access any features/options on the phone. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Michelle. No my phone works fine with my UK BT sim in Dubai. But I bought a local sim and it requires my phone to be unlocked before I can use it
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hopefully we can resolve the problem via chat

Thanks for the information.
I understand how frustrating this can be.

If it works with BT sim , that is kind of good news as if we were totally locked out then it would not be possible to make any setting changes.

Please follow the below steps.

Go to "Settings
Tap "Biometrics and security".
Tap "Other security settings".
Tap "Set up SIM card lock"/Sim Card lock option
Tap the toggle for "Lock SIM card" to turn it off.
Enter your SIM card PIN, then tap "OK". The default PIN number is ***** in case you have not setup a PIN yourself.

For more information you can click on link below that list down the steps with pictures for easier understanding along with further options as well

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-inserted-a-new-sim-card-and-now-it-is-asking-me-for-a-pin-or-unlock-code-to-unlock-it/

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks so much - I will give it a go now !

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.