Kat
Kat, Customer Service
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

I need a security code, ee mobile phone, I can use it but it

Customer Question

I need a security code
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: ee mobile phone
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I can use it but it keeps asking me for a security code
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: its not a smartphone
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have contacted one of your technicians about 30 mins. ago. I am with plusnet and my landline is down. Plus net have transferred all my calls to EE because it is the only way of my being able to make outgoing calls. I am a 86 year old pensioner and need to be able to make contact with my family. Before the technician could help me his answer disappeared from the screen. Hope you can help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kat replied 18 days ago.
Welcome to JA, sorry to hear you are having issues with getting your security code.

Can you advise what the security code is for, for instance is it to access a online service to access your phone?

Expert:  Kat replied 18 days ago.

I haven't heard from you in some time, so can only provide generic advice at this time. Do come back to me should you need anything clarified.

Where its asking for a PIN code this may be the SIM pin so to reset that you need to request a PUK code which will allow you to reset the PIN. The process for doing this online is explained here