Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Technician
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

My kindle is frozen. I have pressed the on off key for 40.

Customer Question

My kindle is frozen. I have pressed the on off key for 40. Seconds as advised. No response. What do I do now?
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: Amazon kindle
JA: When did you last charge your Kindle?
Customer: Just now. It is about 50% charged.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: Yes. About a minute.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so..
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Kindle.

It could be a hardware issue or a firmware glitch. You can attempt to force reset the Kindle one more time and check if it fixes the issue. Please press and hold the Kindle's power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds) or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on. (If your Kindle device has a slide to power on button then slide and hold it for 40 seconds to force reset it). If it doesn't work, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger(Please make sure that the charging light next to the USB port lights up while charging) for 12 minutes, then try the reset steps one more time without unplugging the Kindle device. (Please ensure the Kindle has been restarted). You don't have to worry about your books because they will be available on your Amazon account, and they can be accessed without making any payments. Please try the reset steps and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK. I have done all these things. I will charge it for 8 mins and try again... P

Thank you very much! Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
12 mins....

Ok. Please make sure that the charging light next to the USB port lights up while charging.

May I know what exactly is showing on your Kindle screen now?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Exactly what has been there all the time since it froze. A page of a novel. Perfectly clear. I have had it on charge for 20 mind. Pressed the button for more than a minute. No change.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Mind.. Mins

Are you using any protective case/cover with your Kindle device?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It is out of its case now.

Do you see any change on your Kindle screen when you press and hold the power button?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No. None at all.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. If the above method didn't work, then please try the methods given below one more time.

• Method 1: Please charge your Kindle using the power adapter that came with the device and plug it into an AC outlet. Make sure that the charging light next to the USB port lights up while you are charging. Please press and hold the Kindle's power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically). If that didn’t work then disconnect your Kindle from any power source. Then press and hold the Kindle's power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically)
  • Method 2: Please connect the Kindle to your computer using the Kindle's charging cable. While connected, press and hold the Kindle's power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically)

Please try the above methods and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ha! The screen went blank then the initial picture came up. The boy under the tree. Now library is up
Great! Just to confirm, are you able to use your Kindle device now?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Plugging it into the computer seemed to do the trick... Thank you so much for your help!

You are very welcome! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved now. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas