Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Can't register my laptop, the beand is HP brand, i believe i

can't register my laptop
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: the beand is HP brand
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i believe i have installed windows 11 recently
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: all good thank you

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you explain more in detail when you say you are unable to complete registration? 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i am trying to find my bitlocker recovery key on my microsoft account, my laptop is not registered -as a device so i therefore tried to register my laptop with its serial number but it said it is invalid and i am unsure of what to do now as my laptop will not let me access it normally.

So you are trying to get past the BitLocker screen is that right?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am unsure of what to do now with my laptop as its locked me out of my account and wont let me register my device on microsoft

Can you share an image of your screen?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thats correct

Can you share an image of your screen?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (GP2T674)

Can you press the Esc button and let me know what options it displays?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i have pressed "esc" to view other options such as restart my pc or shut down, but it comes up with a message telling me it was unable to complete this task, something along those lines

Can you share an image, please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (322PL6Q)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
any luck?

Ok, I have it. What's the make and model of the laptop?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
its a hp pavilion

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Bitlocker Key which is required to boot your device. Unfortunately, if you didn't make a note previously of the key, the only other place to check is your Microsoft account to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below to assist you to check if it has been stored in your account.

1. Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on the computer that requires a recovery key. Click All Devices, locate the device name that matches the computer with the encryption issue, and then click Show details. Click Manage, and then select Get BitLocker recovery keys to get the key.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
okay thank you

I hope that helps.