Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I need to speak to someone. Can you call me on 0161please.

I need to speak to someone. Can you call me on 0161(###) ###-####please.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: HP Photosmart C4580
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP product?
Customer: everything. Deinstalled and reinstalled.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry, my name is Eileen

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the problem you have with the printer? 

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It is not recognising the colour cartridge, despite the fact the system shows it is nearly full. All alignment pages keep coming out in black only print.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your printer. I would suggest this sounds more like a firmware glitch and to overcome something like this a power cycle can go a long way, I would recommend you attempt the steps below and let me know the outcome;

1. Power the printer off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it.
  3. Power the printer on. (Press the power button)
  4. Lastly, try to print again and let me know the outcome.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew