Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Im having trouble with the wifi connection from my tv to my

Customer Question

HI...im having trouble with the wifi connection from my tv to my hub..wifi is working fine but tv has just stopped being smart
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: all of them
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: yes several times
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive even tried a network reset on the tv to no avail
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the tv? 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok i'll try
UE50NU7470 SAMSUNG 50" 4K
I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Television which is failing to establish a connection with your WiFi, I would suggest this is a very common problem which can be resolved with a power cycle and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below. 

1. Power the Television off. (Press the power button on the remote)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it. 
  3. Power the Television on. (Press the power button on the remote)
  4. Press the settings button and navigate to the Network Settings. 
  5. Reconnect to your WiFi Network, you may be prompted to enter your WiFi Password. 
  6. Now your tv should be connected. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew