Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Help please I have a new laptop and I am trying to get

Help please I have a new laptop and I am trying to get remote access when I try this it says I can not down load this because I only have microsoft home I have purchased 2 microsoft business packages but nothing is happening
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Acer Swift 3
JA: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have done lots but now I am getting confused
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need this to email my payslips from 12pay if that's possible please

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the error message you are prompted with? 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It says home edition of Windows 11 doesn't support remote desk top
I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you are wanting to use a remote desktop on a Windows 11 Home operating system. I have found as this function is not enabled in the Home edition, you will need to upgrade to professional and to do so, you will need to start by purchasing a license key once you have, you may apply the steps below to apply your new product key which will then update the device to professional addition. 

1. Open Windows 11 Settings.
  2. Open System Settings.
  3. On the right side select Activation.
  4. There you will see the Change product key section.
  5. Click on Change.
  6. Enter the product key in the dialogue box and click on Next to activate the new license key.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew