Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a microwave cooker: Panasonic inverter slimline combi

Good afternoon. I have a microwave cooker: Panasonic inverter slimline combi 1,000 Watt NNCT5855 SS-BSIS BPQ number 5C37070179, made March 2017. I have used it daily since then, not often for a long period at once; only using the microwave part at all frequently. Worked very well until today. I headted up some food for a fairly short time and then went to open door. It emitted a loud bang and went dead. It blew the tripfuse for that part of the house. If I tried to reset it the trip went again (twice) I turned off power to the microwave by switch and then could reset the trip. Should I take the microwave to be mended or is that unlikely to succeed or should I buy a new one. Advice would be helpful. Many thanks
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Good afternoon. I have a microwave cooker: Panasonic inverter slimline combi 1,000 Watt NNCT5855 SS-BSIS BPQ number 5C37070179, made March 2017. I have used it daily since then, not often for a long period at once; only using the microwave part at all frequently. Worked very well until today. I headted up some food for a fairly short time and then went to open door. It emitted a loud bang and went dead. It blew the tripfuse for that part of the house. If I tried to reset it the trip went again (twice) I turned off power to the microwave by switch and then could reset the trip. Should I take the microwave to be mended or is that unlikely to succeed or should I buy a new one. Advice would be helpful. Many thanks
JA: How long have you had your NNCT5855?
Customer: Since 2017 as I have already told you.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?
Customer: I have already told you what I have done Please read
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think I have set it all out in my original message.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm when turning the unit on, it trips the fusebox? 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it did until I turned off the power switch to the microwave

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a microwave which continues to trip your main fuse box following an earlier problem that involved a loud bang noise. I have found there could be a number of reasons this could have occurred, however, before I suggest the unit needs to be replaced, I would recommend we replace the fuse and see if that helps to resolve the problem and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below.

1. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  2. Open the power plug using a screwdriver. 
  3. Locate the fuse on the right-hand side. 
  4. Replace the fuse for a like for like that matches the amp.
  5. Reseal the plug using a screwdriver. 
  6. Test the unit again and let me know the outcome.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please ring me as soon as you can

I won't be able to call you at present, however, the request is open to other experts and as one becomes available, they will call you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You have not contacted me. How can I be satisfied??

Have you attempted the instructions I sent you previously?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for the advice and I will try that and get back to you. I may not be able to for an hour or so D

All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Good evening Andrew,I had to go out earlier after we had been in contact and am now back. The microwave is rather complicatedly wired and I may find it difficult to do tonight as I have some academic work to complete, but if it proves complex I shall do it in the morning. The fact that it trpped the switch for that circuit if i tried to restore the connection seems to me to suggest that the fault continues and that any fuse in the microwave plug itself has not blown, or is my logic wrong on this?
Will come back once I succeed in getting the microwave extracted from its location and the current electrical connection. Have switched it off at pug as the circuit is shared by my computer and printers etc. and though they have surge protection they matter much more than the microwave! Kind regards, *****

Can you share an image?