Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My Hotmail account has disappeared. Have changed password

My Hotmail account has disappeared. Have changed password ***** now my original emails are not there, only a new page. All my messages have gone!
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: Tried mobile, asks for password, entered new password ***** message says incorrect. Have just reset password ***** hotmail on my phone & was successful in logging in to inbox.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Used my partners phone to get a code to reset the password. Have now logged on to hotmail successfully on my phone but when trying to access Hotmail on my PC (I saved the tab in favourites) it only comes up with a 'new' site not my own.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to get my normal Hotmail account back on my PC!

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm you need assistance logging into your account on your Pc?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have (or had!) a tab to connect direct to my Hotmail email a/c with saved details. Now it does not appear, just what looks like a new page.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, lost you for a moment
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tried logging out of Hotmail on PC and logging back in with password ***** it still come up with a 'new' page. No problem accessing the emails on the mobile

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to accessing your email account on your computer/laptop. It's great to see you have been able to reset the password ***** it also helps as I don't need to run you over the reset process. I have attached some instructions below that I would like you to attempt that will assist you to sign in.

1. Go to - https://outlook.live.com/owa/
  2. Choose the sign-in option in the top right
  3. Enter your email address and tap the next button. 
  4. Enter your password ***** that's you now signed in. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you still there?

Yes, I have just sent the instructions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry to say it still comes up with what appears to be a new Outlook email site - a message says Welcome to your new Outlook.com account! I don't want a new one just my original one which Is accessible on my mobiles!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have just logged on to my partner's PC to access Hotmail messages with no problems!

1. Log into Outlook on the web.
  2. Click on your account icon on top right corner.
  3. Select "My account" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click settings gear icon on top right corner.
  5. Select Mail from bottom of drop-down menu.
  6. Set the desired settings.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have entered outlook in Google search, clicked 'outlook.live.com' and it automatically goes to 'my new Outlook'

That is the online version of Outlook.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
what do you mean by 'Log into Outlook on the web?

Correct

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well, have tried again and my original account has reappeared. That's weird! Don't know how but I'm not touching it again!.
Thanks for your assistance.

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, goodbye

All the best.