Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Where is the set up menu on acer chromebook 314, i don’t

Customer Question

Where is the set up menu on acer chromebook 314
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Chromebook?
Customer: i don’t know how do I find this
JA: What have you tried so far with your Chromebook? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Tried everything installed hp printer apps
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i desperately need to connect my wireless printer for 2 months now I at end of tether please 🙏
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm you are trying to connect a Wireless Printer to your Chromebook? 

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to installing a printer on Chromebook. I would suggest attempting the steps I have attached below which will assist you to complete the setup on your device. 

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
  4. Under 'Print and scan', select Printers.
  5. Under 'Available printers to save', next to your printer, select Save.
  6. Check that your printer appears at the top, under 'Saved printers'.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew