Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a Samsung American fridge freezer. The fridge is

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung American fridge freezer. The fridge is freezing up about 1/2 way down and it's stopping the flow of water and ice making as well as the fridge being warmish
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: American Fridge freezer
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: Model number rsh1dbbp
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Turned off defrosted and warm water defrost its OK for a day or 2 then refreezes
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the appliance? 

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sn

Would you know the model details?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (L5Z3VG4)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Model number rsh1dbbp
Sn b15442bsa00513z

Thank you, ***** ***** looking into this for you now

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is that the info requried

Yes it is

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Any luck with a solution

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Freezer which continuously freezer and as a result, the water line is also freezing. I have found the most common cause is the humidity in the warm air is the most common cause of frost build up in the freezer. Humidity can also be introduced into the freezer when you put hot foods into it. You should always wait until your food is cool before placing it into the freezer this will stop moisture from forming and will prevent frost.

Somethings that you can try to prevent it from continuing.

1. Use a Freezer Frost Remover Spray. 
  2. Open Your Freezer Less Often.
  3. Make Sure the Freezer Gasket is Airtight. 
  4. Clean the Gasket. 
  5. Don't Overload Your Freezer.
  6. Cool Your Food Down.
  7. Set the Right Temperature.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's the fridge that's freezing up

What is the fridge temperature?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
4 to 4

The ideal temperature for a fridge is 37°F (3°C) and 40°F (5°C). When you make any adjustments to the temperature of your fridge it will take 24 hours until the temperature comes into place.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
4 to 5

Please apply the changes to the tempreture.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I understand but why is it constantly freezing. Its like its ot self defrosting when a bit of ice is on it like a sensor isn't working. So instead of heating to defrost it just let's it freeze and freeze. As a chef for 38 years I always have my fridge on 4 or 5.

I would suggest you start with setting the correct temperature as it being too high can cause this problem.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But I always have it on 4 or 5 never higher or lower

I understand what you have been doing, however, where this problem has occurred, this is where I would start first.