Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Have a AVIC -Z710DAB won’t let me input bottom row on touch

Customer Question

Have a AVIC -Z710DAB won’t let me input bottom row on touch screen to input password
JA: How long have you had your -Z710DAB?
Customer: 2/3years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Try Ed holding reset
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know which device you are referring to here that you are having trouble with? 

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you are having trouble with the touch screen where is non-responsice and as a result, you are unable to input the password. I would suggest this could be a problem with the screen, however, what I would suggest first is a power cycle and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below;

1. Power the device off. (Press and hold the power button)
  2. Wait 2 - 3 minutes.
  3. Power the device on. (Press and hold the power button)
  4. Lastly, check if the screen is working again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Need to re calibrate touch screen
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 9 days ago.

Has that all been resolved?