Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Thank u, Csn I use canon mg4250 printer on my Lenovo chrome

Thank u
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Csn I use canon mg4250 printer on my Lenovo chrome book. I have been trying for over a year with no luck
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: lenovo yoga
JA: How long has this been going on with your MG4250?
Customer: i bought both over a year and I have never been able to use the printer with it
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: update? I have never updated it. I don’t even know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a printer which you need assistance installing on your Lenovo Chrome Book. I can understand this may be rather technical if you are trying for the first time, however, I would suggest that you refer to the steps I have attached below, they will assist you with the installation.

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
  4. Under 'Print and scan', select Printers.
  5. Under 'Available printers to save', next to your printer, select Save.
  6. Check that your printer appears at the top, under 'Saved printers'.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That didn’t work
I have tried that for almost a year
The name of the printer didn’t appear. I tried it wirelessly and then with cables

Has the printer been connected to your WiFi?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Does it work on any other device?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Is the Chromebook connected to the same network?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But printer not found
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Rest

If your printer can't connect to Wi-Fi, but your network is working properly, try turning the printer off and on again. Alternatively, you can try resetting your wireless network again.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You are advising all that I knew. You can’t help me do let’s end the conversation
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Finished
Did you manage to attempt the steps I advised of?