Kat
Kat, Customer Service
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

Just bought FDR-AX700. In the manual on charging battery it

just bought FDR-AX700. In the manual on charging battery it states charging light turns orange. When fully charged lamp turns off. In the instructions there is no mention of a green light. What does the green light mean......is it still charging. My battery has been on charge for over 18 hrs and shows a steady green light, but the light does not go out ads the manual states when fully charged.
JA: What device isn't charging?
Customer: I have placed the battery in the camera and plugged into the wall socket. Electricity is on. It is an FDR-AX700 camcorder.
JA: Who makes your camera?
Customer: Sony
JA: What have you tried so far with your Sony?
Customer: I want to know what the green light on means. In the manual that came with the camera there is no green light referenced under charging ?
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment, thanks
Welcome to JA sorry to hear you are having issues charging your Sony camcorder.

A green light would suggest the camera is switched on, and in essence the power from the AC power supply is powering the camera (not the battery). Might be worth double checking the battery is correctly installed and camera turned off, the light should go off or turn orange within a minute of plugging the unit on charge when the camera is off and battery fully inserted.

Do let me know if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yep, spot on! Silly me! Although the LCD screen was closed I didn’t realise that the eye piece had to be fully pushed in to switch the camera off. So, as you say, the incoming power was keeping the camera on and not charging the battery. Thanks very much. Perhaps Sony could do an update for the likes of this dims ass !!

Glad to hear you are now working and have got the camera charging, have a great day.