Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Technician
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I just got an upgrade to Samsung s21 but cannot remember the

Customer Question

I just got an upgrade to Samsung s21 but cannot remember the pattern so locked out cannot even turn ot off
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Samsung s21 fe 5g
JA: How long have you had your S21?
Customer: Under a week.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Basically can do nothing as forgotten pattern I go round in circles
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Samsung phone.

Just to confirm, are you locked out of your Samsung S21 phone? is it asking for the screen unlock password ***** code?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Asking for pattern.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No

If you forget your Samsung device’s lock screen password/pattern, then you will have to factory reset your device to be able to use your device again because all recent versions of Android encrypt the data on your device by default. There is no way to recover any photos, contacts or other data that you haven’t backed up to your Google account or any other account. They will be gone forever after the reset(unless you have a backup made before you got locked out). However, at least your device will be unlocked, and you’ll be able to use it again. Before factory resetting your device, you can try to unlock your device using the find my phone feature if you have enabled it on your device. Samsung devices have a Find my phone feature. This option would let you remotely open or unlock the device if you forgot the pattern, PIN, etc. You can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will let you open it without losing anything. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled when you set up the device.

Please follow the steps given below and let me know what happens.

1. Please open the link given below and sign in with your Samsung account there. (login with the same Samsung account that you used on your locked out device there)
  2. Link- https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
  3. The device registered under your Samsung account will appear on the right side of the screen. If you have multiple devices registered under the same Samsung account, make sure you select the device that needs to be remotely unlocked. Then, click on the Unlock icon to unlock your device.
  4. Once you click on "Unlock", a pop-up window will appear asking to verify the password ***** your Samsung account. After you input your password, click on the Next button. The pop-up window will automatically close, and another pop-up window will appear with the result of remotely unlocking your device.
Please note that this will option will only work under the following conditions.
  • The device must be turned on.
  • The device must be connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network.
  • Your Samsung account must be registered on your device and have the Remote unlock option enabled.
Please check the link below for detailed instructions. (Please check it)Please try this method and let me know what happens. If that doesn't work, then I will send you the second method. Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hiya thst didn't it not had it long enough to register

If you still cannot unlock your smartphone via Samsung's website then your only option is to reset your smartphone through Recovery Mode. I am afraid there is no way to recover any photos, contacts or other data that you haven’t backed up to your Google account or any other account; they will be gone after the reset. However, at least your device will be unlocked and you’ll be able to use it again. Could you please follow the instructions in the video link given below to factory reset your Samsung phone?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Watched the you tube video but factory settings never popped up. I tried it 4 times goes off comes bCk on I hold fof dear life but factory settings does not home up
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I never had time to put anything on the phone - feel like throwing it out of the window
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your help. How much is the cost
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Obviously you have gone

I am really sorry for the difficulty. Please connect the phone to your computer/charger using the charging cable. Then please follow the steps below to enter into the recovery mode.

1. Please press and hold down both Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the phone screen goes blank/dark.
  2. When the screen goes dark then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock button and Volume up(press these buttons simultaneously), until you see the Samsung logo. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.

Are you able to able to see an Android Recovery screen? (Please check the picture given below to see the Volume down and power buttons on your phone)

Could you please follow the above instructions and let me know what happens?

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas