Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I am looking forward wps pin direct d8 bother dcp 145c

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking forward wps pin direct d8 bother dcp 145c printer desk jet 2600. I have not got the information for this printer
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Brother DC 145c
JA: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?
Customer: Just
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Just, I have not used printer since 208
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm you are attempting to set up the printer with the WiFi?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I need wps pin direct d8 number so I can connect my laptop with my printer
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No

Has the printer been connected to the WiFi first?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

In that case, it should not request a WPS Pin during setup. I would assume the printer is not connected to the WiFi, let me find you the instructions on how you can set it up and then you can try install it on your device, is that ok?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK, my laptop keeps asking for wps pin
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
my printer is old one
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
2009 model

Could I confirm the model of the printer is a Brother DCP 145c?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a printer which you are attempting to set up using WiFi with your computer/laptop. I have looked into the specification of the Brother DCP-145C printer and have found that this printer is not WiFi-enabled and what that means is this model does not have any functionality to be used over WiFi. If you are still wanting to use the WiFi method, you may want to consider purchasing a new printer and if that is something you are happy to look into, I have suggested some websites below that you may browse for newer models.

1. https://www.currys.co.uk/
  2. https://www.johnlewis.com/
  3. https://www.printerland.co.uk/

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No more questions and thank you Andrew
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
For you advice and help

Always here to help.