Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My optima projector has a ‘locked fan’ - how can I sort

Customer Question

My optima projector has a ‘locked fan’ - how can I sort this
JA: What Optoma model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: its Optima HD143X and its 2 1/2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it comes up that the fan is locked and the projector will close down and I need to get it repaired
JA: How long has this been an issue with your HD143X? What happened right before this?
Customer: Its a new issue. I was away and put it in its box for a month
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is***** have over 10 years of experience and I will be assisting you today. I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue.

Please allow me a couple of minutes to respond to your request below. If you would like to add any extra information while I am typing out your information, please feel free to respond and I will review it.

---------------------------

Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

I have reviewed the issue that you are having, the steps that you have tried, and the age of your unit. After reviewing that information, I have determined that your unit has a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it since it is outside of the warranty period. I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation.

Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.