Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a samsung refrigerator/freezer. model no RL38SCBP.

Customer Question

I have a samsung refrigerator/freezer. model no RL38SCBP. The refrigerator compartment has stopped working . The freezer compartment continues to work. Can you help me in this matter. Thanks Hugh O'Brien
JA: How long have you had your RL38SCBP?
Customer: About 10 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I have pressed the lights on the temperature , which continue to light, but to no effect.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The air in the refrigerator comparment seems slighly warm.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.
Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi Hugh, did you have any recent power cuts, or was the power to the fridge-freezer disconnected at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Pete! No to both questions
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Try turning off or unplugging the fridge-freezer for 5 minutes, then turn it back on again.

Check the fridge compartment after a couple of hours and let me know if it is slowly getting any colder?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Did it work?

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to help.

Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to assist you further :) Have a great day, Pete.