Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My galaxy s21 will not let me speak on the phone. the media

Customer Question

my galaxy s21 will not let me speak on the phone. the media volume keeps reverting to minimum i.e.silent (i see the volume symbol going down) and trying to speak by pressing the volume up button is not working
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: S21+ what do you mean by operating system?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only today and i have tried adjustin the settinng manually and as I said it just reverts to silent/ My landline number to call in case needed is(###) ###-####3218
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know how ofter the volume reduces? 

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to your mobile phone where the volume seems to decrease on its own accord. I would suggest this could be a problem with the volume switch, the button or even the board, however, I would recommend we start with a factory reset as this will rule out any software-related problems and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below. Note. Should you decide to proceed with these steps, ensure you have a backup of your data as you can expect it to be deleted during this process. 

1. Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power/Bixby key and Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key. Release the keys when the Android mascot appears. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the Volume Down key to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press the Power/Bixby key to proceed.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew