Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have the top package from At this moment in time I am

I have the top package from Virgin At this moment in time I am unable to use my land line as there is no dialling tone. Can you help . I have checked all connections and the appear to be ok. I get the impression it is a break in wiring that causes this Can you help
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: It is part of the line rental in my package for which I am paying nearly £90 a month
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked as many connections that I can but the wiring goes around the house and as I am 90yrs old I am unable to check some. We have been like this for over a week
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I tried to get help by calling the 0345 number and got nowhere
Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Have you tested the line using a different phone system?

Test the line by connecting a phone directly into the main Virgin Media wall socket – and check you're not using an extension cable. Check the connection is tightly connected, it will make a 'click' noise when connected perfectly.

If the line does not work using any phone then you can report the fault to Virgin at

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline

Does that fully answer your question? Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Hi, just following up on your question  - please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.   Best, Pete.