Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Pete, I'm not sure if you are the right person to help me. I

Hi Pete, I'm not sure if you are the right person to help me. I have an alert come up on my mobile email to correct my credentials. Is this real or a scam ?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on phone and PC but alert not come up on PC
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just rung EE who said to contact yourselves to find out if it is genuine
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I'm not very quick with technical stuff lol

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know how the notification was received, was it through an email or some other way?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It came up as an alert on my phone email

What does the alert say word to word, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Correct credentials needed
Enter credentials for***@******.***All enclosed in a box with red exclamation mark
That would suggest to me the password ***** been changed if it always has worked previously. Can you try signing in via outlook.com and signing in manually by entering your password, please?

I wanted to make sure the password ***** not been changed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I never use my password ***** email is always open on phone and browser, but have just changed it while on the phone to EE.

Oh so you have recently changed it and that's why it's no longer accepting it. What sort of phone do you have and I'll send you instructions to make changes to the set password ***** your device?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I changed it after the alert came up, but have not tried to log in this morning.
I'm sorry, this is making me very anxious using on line chat. Is there nobody who can speak to me on my phone please?

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you are unable to log into your email account due to a password ***** I would recommend you reset your account password ***** to do so, please follow the instructions I have attached below to assist you to complete the password *****

1. Go to - https://account.live.com/password/reset
  2. Enter your email address and tap the continue button.
  3. Review the onscreen recovery methods and choose one to complete the reset process.
  4. If all goes well, you will be prompted to create a new password.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Use those instructions to reset the password, if you let me know the make and model of your current handset, Il sent another set of instructions that will assist you to update the password ***** your phone.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm too distressed trying to do this with no verbal support, sorry

I have really bad hearing and hence I don't provide support over the phone, although your call request is still open and will be picked up soon by another expert.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I just wait for a phonecall then ?

If you would like a call then yes the service is still open with us and soon as an expert becomes available they will reach out to you. I do apologise for the delay!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Andrew and I apologise for being a bit dim when it comes to technical stuff.
I would like to say though, I have never before been asked to pay for an incoming call from any technical team !!

I can understand, please don't worry, someone will be in touch soon.