Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have an iPhone XS. It has recently stopped connecting to

I have an iPhone XS. It has recently stopped connecting to the internet except wi-fi
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iPhone XS. Version IOS 15.5
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 3 days. I have tried to connect on various apps including BBC but all say the internet is 0ff line.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: On my phone it tells me that there are 3 or 4 bars but still I am off-line

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm if the device works on WiFi and just not on Data services? 

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it works on WiFi and not data services
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are we going to continue now? I must leave in 15 minutes but could book a call this evening after 19.30
I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to an Apple iPhone where the data services have stopped working. I would suggest this could be due to the services which may have been disabled in error and to turn the services back on, you may follow the steps I have attached below. 

1. Go to Settings from the Homescreen. 
  2. Now select, Mobile Data. 
  3. Tap on Mobile Data and ensure the toggle is on. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can't see Mobile Data in settings . Is it the same as Cellular?

Yes, it is.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Cellular Data is on

Can you try resetting the network settings?

1. Tap Settings
  2. General
  3. Transfer or Reset [Device]
  4. Reset 
  5. Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The cellular data was on when I went in to Settings. So no result yet

Can you reset the network settings, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
just doing that. the phone has shut down and is opening up. now open and I will try it. So nothing more at present but please keep session open so I can tell you whether this has worked.

Sure.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It worked so case closed. Thank you. Robert

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!