michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

How do you take out ice box on Samsung rf56j9040sr. The ice

How do you take out ice box on Samsung rf56j9040sr. The ice is jammed I think.
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: The ice dispenser isn’t dispensing. Makes the noise but nothing comes out
JA: How long have you had your RF56J9040SR?
Customer: about 2 yrs
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: ive tried lifting it gently and pulling out but doesn’t budge. Child lock isn’t on and ice maker is on
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only i think it may be a build up if ice blocking it so if I can get ice box out I’ll be able to sort it

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Michelle and I will try my best to assist you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Michelle. I’m trying to get the ice box out because it appears blocked. I have tried gently lifting and pulling but doesn’t work. No child lock on and ice maker on

This problem has been reported by many users of Samsung French door fridge users.

The most common solution is to defrost but that means defrosting the fridge which can be inconveninet.

The other way is to remove the ice box. To do so you need to place your hands at the bottom panel of the ice box and push it up and then slide it out.

You would need to apply some force to push up.

I have been able to find a video that might help.

Please watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoeZXQn3ikQ

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Fantastic. Worked first time

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!