Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Technician
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I can't find how to get to contents. Stuck in the middle of

I can't find how to get to contents. Stuck in the middle of something
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: no not frozen. Kindle. can't find how to get back to contents
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Oasis?
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: pressing top. it used to say "Go to" now nothing there
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It used to be so simple!

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Kindle.

It could be a hardware issue or a firmware glitch. You can attempt to force reset the Kindle and check if it fixes the issue. Please press and hold the Kindle's power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds) or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on. If it doesn't work, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger(Please make sure that the charging light next to the USB port lights up while charging) for 12 minutes, then try the reset steps one more time without unplugging the Kindle device. (Please ensure the Kindle has been restarted). You don't have to worry about your books because they will be available on your Amazon account, and they can be accessed without making any payments. Please try the reset steps and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i still cannot get to beginning of a book. Again I am in the middle of somethong

May I know what exactly is showing on your Kindle screen?

Please open a book on your Kindle device. Then tap at the top of your Kindle device. Tap the three lines icon next to the Aa icon to access the Go to option. Are you able to do that? Please check the picture link given below

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
seem to half way through a virginia woolf story

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
been on phone. 3 dots does not raise that instead "About this book
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
woops foud righht dots frum your picture

Just to confirm, are you able to see the option now?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
got it thanks mohammed. can i cancel my membership noe?

I am sorry, I don't have control over the payments or service costs. I am just tech on this website. I have no access to any of your personal information, payment information, or accounts, or any control over the billing. For payment or account-related issues like cancelation, subscription, etc. please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below.

You can also call the billing customer support
  • United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Many thanks. you're a star

You are very welcome! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved now. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas