Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have found some ‘ dividend’ statements for National Grid

I have found some ‘ dividend’ statements for National Grid plc. I cannot find the original certificate. What can I do to obtain a replacement certificate etc.? I have hadno dividend since 24 Nov. 2017, probably because I moved house then. Will the dividends still be payable?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I have found some dividend statements for National Grid plc but cannot find the original share certificate. What can I do to obtain a replacement certificate? Moved house in 2017 & possibly did not inform change of address. I have had no dividends since then. Are theses outstanding dividends still payable?
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. I have only looked on National Grid web site etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment.
Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Yes the dividends are still payable. You are still the owner of the shares, even if the certificate has been lost.

To obtain a copy of your share certificate, and receive any outstanding dividends,  simply contact your local broker or agent.

Does that fully answer your question? Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Hi, just following up on your question  - please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.   Best,  Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your reply. Could anyone else possibly gain access to my Shares whilst I am going through the process of obtaining a replacement certificate, e, g, if they had a dividend statement?
If someone found your dividend statement or share certificate the only way they could gain access to the shares would be through false representation and fraud.