Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My fridge has overheated I’ve been told to leave it for 23

My fridge has overheated I’ve been told to leave it for 23 Days do I have to leave the doors shut
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: It’s a domestic fridge freezer gas 12 V and mines
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Left it switched off for a long period of time about a week and a half so far
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I put large ice pack in fridge shut doors and switch on when fridge has cooled right down and freezer is cooling will start to work and will the red light go out when I put it onto auto
Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

I understand your Dometic fridge-freezer has overheated and you have been advised that it needs to be left powered off for 2-3 days, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Peter I’m just going out to the motorhome to get the manual for the dramatic fridge just bear with me

It is ok to leave the doors shut and put a large ice pack in the fridge to keep the contents cool whilst it is turned off - the motor just needs to be left powered off for 2-3 days to allow it to cool down before you attempt to use it again.

Does that completely answer your question? Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :) Have a great day, Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Peter I have the manual here with me where do I look for the serial number of my fridge

The serial and model numbers are both located on a sticker inside the fridge door.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I switch the fridge to auto and start the engine red light was coming on will that continue to show red or will it go Back to green
It depends what is causing the red light fault. You will need to attempt the shutdown first to see if that resolves the issue, if it has simply overheated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model number RM7855L
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Type C 48/110

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have shut it down once before when starting the pilot I would think would cut in and out with the thermostat but the flame does not seem to cut out and cut back in could it be the thermostat has a problem and is it possible to replace it

If the fridge has overheated then it could be due to a faulty thermostat, or a faulty cooling generator, or some other fault in the cooling system, however most cases are resolved by simply powering the fridge-freezer off for 2-3 days to allow it to reset.