Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have my landline phone with sky but I have no dial tone

Customer Question

Hi I have my landline phone with sky but I have no dial tone can you check the line please, my number is *****
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have my landline phone with sky but have no dial tone, my number is *****
JA: Is there anything else the Phone Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It must have been like this for a couple of weeks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is***** have over 10 years of experience and I will be assisting you today. I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue.

Please allow me a couple of minutes to respond to your request below. If you would like to add any extra information while I am typing out your information, please feel free to respond and I will review it.

---------------------------

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having phone connectivity issues! To get started, let's try a soft reset of your phone system to see if it fixes the issue:

Unplug the power cord to the base unit and all of the handsets

Wait 10 minutes

Plug back in the power cords

Wait 1 minute

Check to see if the issue continues and let me know the results. If the issue continues, please let me know 

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

I am following up with you. I have provided steps or information above that you have not responded back to yet. Please take a minute to review the conversation above and if you still need help, please respond back so that we can continue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, you can either reply stating it was resolved or simply read this message here and the response below without a response.

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Josh, sorry for the delay in coming back to you, no this did not fix my landline problem
Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for confirming. Since this is an equipment issue, you will need to schedule a service call through Sky to repair the box or replace the box for you.

To schedule an appointment, please call Sky at***********nbsp;

To change your appointment (if needed), click here: https://www.sky.com/ordertracking