Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Morning please can you help me with some information on my

Customer Question

Morning please can you help me with some information on my fridge freezer the food in the fridge is going off but the freezer side working
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Logik lsbsdx 18 America style
JA: What Logik model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It about 1.year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The program is reading 18
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Logik? What happened right before this?
Customer: We never had a issue until the morning
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know what temperature the Fridge is set to?
  2. Is the Fridge getting cold at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Morning Andrew please can you help me with the fridge freezer the food in the fridge is going off but the freezer side of the fridge freezer is working fine

2. Is the Fridge getting cold at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Please could you clarify;

2. Is the Fridge getting cold at all?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to your Fridge which has stopped regulating its set temperature. I would suggest there are many reasons that could cause something like this to occur but the most common known problem associated with this type of fault is when the condenser coils are covered in debris. When the coils are clogged with dirt and dust, they can't efficiently release heat and it's not always known to consumers that cleaning them every few months can really expand the life of your refrigerator. I will explain how you can clean them below;

1. Power the Fridge off, and remove the power cable from the power source. 
  2. Pull the refrigerator out, so that you have access to the rear. 
  3. Using a paintbrush, remove all the dust. 
  4. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to remove the debris. 
  5. Power the refrigerator back on and wait a few hours for the unit to re-regulate its temperature. 
  6. Check if that has worked after a few hours. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew