Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have recently had fibre broadband installed and I can't

Customer Question

I have recently had fibre broadband installed and I can't get my G3501 to accept the new wifi
JA: What device(s) are you connecting to your G3501 network?
Customer: I have an Acer PC
JA: Are you able to connect to the internet on any of your devices?
Customer: yes, I just can't get the 3501 to change from the old wifi code
JA: Which lights are coloured and/or blinking on your G3501 router?
Customer: Power (steady) wifi flashing
JA: Is there anything else the Network Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your WiFi  on  your G3501 and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

HI.  I understand your WiFi network has changed and you are trying to connect the printer to the new WiFi network, is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

From your computer, please click on the link below.

Once on the Canon website, download the G3000 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)​.  (Make sure the top of the page says Windows 10 64-bit or the operating system that matches your computer). Once downloaded, unplug or turn off the printer. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts and turn on or plug in the printer when prompted. Once done, test print.

Link:  https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_g_series/pixma_g3501.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=windows%2010%20(64-bit)

Note: You may need to use a USB cable during the installation.

Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Lol, still working on it :) must be my age !!
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

Ok, thanks.  Take your time.  Just reply after.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Sherri, still no joy. I'll dispose of this one and get a new one - many thanks for your help though.
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

You are very welcome.  It is my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri