TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

Just got the new kit to ad tv to my broadband and the cable

Customer Question

Just got the new kit to ad tv to my broadband and the cable is insufficient length
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: That is not the problem the coaxial cable is to short
JA: Is there anything else the TV Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TechFixer replied 13 days ago.

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Expert:  TechFixer replied 13 days ago.

The cable that is used to connect any network device to a router is known as an Ethernet cable (RJ45) these can be purchased in various lengths. Do you know the distance between them both?

It would really help to know the distance between them both, a rough estimate is also fine, it's just for me to gauge, and based on that, I can find you a long enough cable you could purchase?

Expert:  TechFixer replied 12 days ago.

Working with limited information means, I am having to assume or guess certain information using my technical knowledge, most of the time I am able to overcome those matters with the limited details provided but sometimes I can be wrong and in those circumstances, I would appreciate you letting me know where I am wrong and Ill try to rectify my response based on the additional information you supply me.

It would suggest to me that you are unable to connect your Television and the router together as you don't have a long enough network cable, as I previously suggested, these cables a widely available in various sizes. If your tv does not have WiFi capabilities, you will need to use a network cable long enough to reach the router. I have provided some options below that you may want to take a look at for the purpose of purchasing a long enough cable.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven