TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

I purchased a new HP OfficeJet Pro 80203, it installed

Customer Question

Hi, I purchased a new HP OfficeJet Pro 80203, it installed beautifully but this week my router went down, and the printer refuses to link with the new one. HP have dozens of help pages that are driving me mad, and I still can't get the bloody thing to print; its help pages say I don't have a printer!!! Anyone in Dawlish that can come to the rescue?
JA: Hi. Is your OfficeJet Pro displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is the printer driver software installed on your computer?
Customer: Several times
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I make good coffee
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TechFixer replied 5 days ago.

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Expert:  TechFixer replied 5 days ago.

I'm really sorry to hear you are experincing trouble with your printer practically when trying to print.

Has your router been changed at all or has it all just stopped working?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Router changed up and running printer won’t accept new password. It wants only the original. Also it is a gost to my laptop ie I.cannot find it on screen
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would very much prefer a visit. I rather suspect I have caused more harm not knowing how to fix it the on line how to fix I found confusing
Expert:  TechFixer replied 4 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** information has been very helpful.

The objective here is as the router has changed, the printer will need to be connected to the new router first before the remaining devices on the network can discover it to allow printing over the Air.

So first, that printer will need to be reconfigured and it can be a technical task as I know many do stumble when it comes to this part of the setup, let me get some instructions over to you and that should give you enough support with the setup hopefully.

• From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the
    Dashboard, and then touch Wireless symbol.
  • Tap the settings cog.
  • Select the Wireless Option.
  • There should be an option that states Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup, go ahead and select that.
  • Now follow the onscreen instructions and pursue the setup with your new router.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Done this a dozen times or more it says incorrect passwords so I cannot complete setup. It must be correct otherwise my laptop would not work
Expert:  TechFixer replied 4 days ago.

The default password ***** ***** on the back of the router unless you have changed it, theres no reason for it not to work, maybe try to restart the router and then try again.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Done that even pulled the cable out of the printer overnight
Expert:  TechFixer replied 4 days ago.

Locate the reset pin hole, use a small object to poke the hole and hold it for 10 seconds, wait for the router to restart, and then try the setup from the beginning.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Believe me I have done it all many times. My mobile knows the printer but won’t accept password
Expert:  TechFixer replied 4 days ago.

That's rather stange, do any of your other devices connect ok to the router?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just laptop, iPhone, iPlayer and previously printer. There is no short term reason for it to be hard wired if I new how
Expert:  TechFixer replied 3 days ago.

Ok and are the other devices working all perfectly?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Expert:  TechFixer replied 3 days ago.

Does the printer find your new WiFi on the discovered list?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
the printer is aware of my new wi-fi router and my ifhone also knows of the printer in wi-fi settings
Expert:  TechFixer replied 3 days ago.

Have you re-added the printer to your computer, as the network settings have changed, your printer will still be installed on your computer with the previous network settings.