Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

My workForce WF - 7710 won't accept the new ink. Last time I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my workForce WF - 7710 won't accept the new ink. Last time I mistakenly bought counterfeight ink and the colours were not very strong so I bought ink from [email protected] Epson and the printer says; maintenance error. Cannot recognie Ink Cartridge and an x by each of C, M Y
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: what can I do. I have turned it off and waited and back on taken them out and turnec it off,etc. and no improvement
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: new ones from [email protected]
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your WorkForce WF-7710 printer  and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

Hi.  To clarify, was the printer used for some time with non Epson brand ink and now you are changing it again?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I didn't mean to use a non epson brand but when you search for the ink they look like epson. So for a while, a few weeks.
Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

Ok, thanks.  I understand.  You can try running some print head utilities.  Start with the nozzle check and print head cleanings.  You can click the link below to see the steps:

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CG36201~faq-000048e-wf7710_7720

Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

Expert:  Sheri replied 6 days ago.

I haven't heard back from you. Just reply if you need any further assistance.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you. I appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri