Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Technician
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Having a problem with my Fitbit Inspire. It won’t restart

Customer Question

Hi there. Having a problem with my Fitbit Inspire. It won’t restart after losing charge and recharge. Got the smiley face briefly and even reset the time but since then I’ve got nothing.
JA: Hi. How long have you had your Inspire?
Customer: About a year or so.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Inspire?
Customer: Tried the restart process. Plug in the recharge wire, hold buttons for 5 seconds. Nothing works now.
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thanks. Yes, please help me.
JA: What else should I tell the expert?
Customer: Nothing else. I went swimming with it. That should be ok, right.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Fitbit.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tried the restart process and no success.

Please follow the steps given below and let me know what happens.

1. Please plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Then attach the Inspire 2 to the charging cable( Verify the pins on the charging cable connect securely to your Fitbit)
  3. Press and hold the side button for 15 seconds or until your Fitbit screen restarts. Keep pressing until you see a smiley icon and the Inspire or Ace vibrates.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
To be clear, my Fitbit is Inspire not Inspire 2. Is the process the same

Yes, you are right!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Anyway, tried that and nothing happened. Fitbit Inspire still showing no sign of life.

We can do some troubleshooting steps and check if it fixes the device. Please follow the steps given below and charge your Fitbit device for at least 12 minutes after completing the instructions.

1. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent charging on your Fitbit device. Please clean both the contacts on your Fitbit’s backside and the charging cable. Use a sanitizing wipe or microfiber cloth to remove anything that’s stuck to the charging pins, like grease. dirt, etc. Use a soft toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion. If needed, use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol on a cloth and then clean the contacts.
  2. Please verify that you are placing the Fitbit correctly on the charging pins–when perfectly aligned, it snaps into place.
  3. Inspect the charger for any bent, missing, or recessed pins.
  4. Please charge your Fitbit device now. If it's still not charging then try plugging your Fitbit charger into a different USB port. Using a UL-certified wall charger will work, as will a simple USB input on a computer(Your Fitbit may not charge properly if you’re using a USB hub)

Please click the link below for detailed instructions to clean your Fitbit device.

Once you have done the above steps then, please follow the instructions in the link given below to make sure there are no charging issues with your Fitbit device.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It did show some life yesterday when I tried but despite charging overnight and all day, no response now.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. Could you please follow the above instructions and let me know what happens?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pretty sure charging points are all clean now

Just to confirm, did you try all the above instructions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hard to be sure since no sign of life.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not sure you’re going to be able to help. Can I cancel my membership please.

I'm sorry you're in this situation. I understand how frustrating this can be. If It's still not working after performing all the troubleshooting steps, that does confirm that the Fitbit device has an internal hardware failure or firmware issue. You can also arrange a repair or replacement by contacting Fitbit support. As long as it's still covered under warranty, Fitbit will replace/repair it. Outside of warranty, they may offer you a discount on a replacement. You can contact the Fitbit support number by calling the following number.

or

​​​​You can choose the contact option there. I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news. Bad news situations are difficult to handle. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers understand that we are just messengers in this situation. Thank you very much for understanding the situation.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello? You still there?

Can you see my messages?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. I’ll give them a ring.

You are very welcome! Thank you so much for being so patient with me!  I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not sure I want to pay for this service from now on. Can you advise on how to can el please. Happy to pay the £1 trial for today

I am sorry, I don't have control over the payments or service costs. I am just tech on this website. I have no access to any of your personal information, payment information, or accounts, or any control over the billing. For payment or account-related issues like cancelation, refund, subscription, etc. please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below.

You can also call the billing customer support
  • United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas