TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

I can’t get my to to come on after I knocked the button

Customer Question

I can’t get my to to come on after I knocked the button underneath
JA: What device isn't powering up?
Customer: no to ni sky no power I’ve tried in plugging
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: philips ambelight
JA: What have you tried so far with your Philips product?
Customer: trued unplugging for 2minutes tried pressing the switch underneath to for 30 seconds
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don’t think so
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TechFixer replied 11 days ago.

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Expert:  TechFixer replied 11 days ago.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Sky Services, let's take a look into this together and hopefully we get that resolved today.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be without the TV and what you have already sent over would suggest the Sky Digibox has lost all form of life, would it be right to say that?

Expert:  TechFixer replied 10 days ago.

Working with limited information means, I am having to assume or guess certain information using my technical knowledge, most of the time I am able to overcome those matters with the limited details provided but sometimes I can be wrong and, in those circumstances, I would appreciate you letting me know where I am wrong and I’ll try to rectify my response based on the additional information you supplied to me.

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been not-so-positive, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be without your TV. Sky Equipment is owned by Sky them self so any problems that occur during the cycle of being their customer means they take responsibility for any hardware-related faults, the most you could try at home before calling them is trying to change the fuse located inside of the plug, you probably have done this before but if you haven't, Ill explain that more in-depth.

• Remove the power plug from the socket.
  • You will need some tools to hand, just a basic Philips screwdriver is sufficient.
  • Open the three Philip screws, and turn them anti-clockwise.
  • The fuse is usually on the left-hand side labeled with how much Amp Voltage it is, before replacing it with an identical one. (I have also included a diagram/picture to help).
  • Once you have replaced it, you can close the plug and seal the screws by turning them clockwise.
  • Pursue to reconnect the power socket into a wall plug socket.
  • Check if the power has returned to the board and if you have any led light indication.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven