Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

Despite the volume control being as high as possible I can

despite the volume control being as high as possible I can get no sound from my laptop.
JA: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?
Customer: Internal.
JA: Did you try updating the sound driver on your laptop?
Customer: No. How do I do that?
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your laptop sound and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Hi.  What happened before the issue started?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The sound played as normal. Then last night I was watching something on catch up but there was no sound despite the volume being as high as possible.

Is it only certain sites or is thee no sound at all when using anything?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No sound at all on TV catch up, Youtube or anything.

First, delete the sound driver from the Device Manger and then restart the computer and allow it to automatically reinstall the audio driver. Below are the steps:

Go to the search on the bottom left and type Device Manager and select it from the list. Once there, click to expand the sections and locate the sound driver. Click to highlight the sound entry and right
click it and click on uninstall. Then restart the computer. Once the computer
comes back up fully, allow Windows to automatically load the driver. Then, once that is done, test.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

I haven't heard back from you. Just reply if you need any further assistance.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you. I appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please note I have found a solution elsewhere and will not be proceeding.
Ok, thank you for the update.