TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

My smart Samsung TV won't switch on, The red light comes on

Customer Question

My smart Samsung TV won't switch on
JA: Can you see a light on the edge of your Samsung TV? If so, is it solid or blinking?
Customer: The red light comes on its right under the bottom edge when you press the remote it then flickers
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: No I will try it now sorry for being so ignorant but do I have to plug the Ariel in and or the internet
JA: Is there anything else the TV Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TechFixer replied 15 days ago.

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Expert:  TechFixer replied 15 days ago.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with TV, let's take a look into this together and hopefully we get that resolved today.

It's a very common problem you will face when the led light flashes red, what the tv is saying to us by that is, a problem has been detected and requires a service or repair. I wouldn't be able to give you an indication of what exactly could be faulty internally but it will take a professional to examine to give you a precise indication of what it may be and how much it would cost if you decided you wanted to have a repair rather than purchasing a new one.

Some of the things to consider here are;

• Is there a valid warranty, if so, you should get on the call to Samsung and get a warranty call lodged, they will repair it free of charge without any questions?
  • Have you taken any steps yet, maybe a power down and power back up that includes taking all forms of power away which usually means turning the power socket off. If you haven't already tried that, let that be an option to start with which I can describe below.
  1. Remove the power adapter from the power socket or wall socket whichever abbreviation sounds the best.
  2. Wait up to 10 - 15 minutes before we supply any electricity to it again.
  3. I assume you have waited and reconnected the power socket back into the wall socket, if not you are safe to do so!
  4. Press the power button on the remote and hopefully, with a bit of luck, your tv should have fired all up ok and you should have visual.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you how would I power up and maybe do anything using the settings
Expert:  TechFixer replied 15 days ago.

Settings you won't be able to get to without having any visual on the screen, if you put the below into action, there's a chance you may have a working television again!