TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

I have a Samsung American fridge freezer RS67N8210S9 which

Hi I have a Samsung American fridge freezer RS67N8210S9 which has developed a fault not maintaing freezer temperature but the display in the fridge reads -18. If I switch off the unit for a few minutes it then displays the correct temperature & seems to run normally for a day or so. Condenser was cleaned recently & the fan is working. I've also tested the evaporator fan & have 11.5 -12v and it is working. Any suggestions please?
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: Sorry
JA: How long have you had your RS67N8210S9?
Customer: December 2018
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Cleaned condenser & fan, tested evaporator fan & power to it all ok
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Compressor seems more audible than usual

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been not-so-positive with your Freezer lately.

It's important I capture some additional information here so that I can be most effective with my response and supporting your query.

• Is it just the Freezer that is falling in temperature, is the fridge remaining what you have set it to?
  • When did this first occur or should I say, when did you notice the Freezer stopped regulating?
  • Is the Fridge/Freezer still covered under its manufacturer warranty?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the fridge is Holding temperature, the display appears to be giving false formation. I first noticed it last week when ice dispenser was blocked as the ice cubes had partially melted & refrozen. No longer under warranty as 3.5 years old
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I'm not paying £15 for a phone call

Thank you, ***** ***** information has been very helpful.

Looking at this thoroughly has led me to various components that could have failed to cause the freezer not to regulate such as the temperature sensor, thermistor, refrigerator temperature sensor, or even a problem with the compressor. It would be most difficult for me to point out which one of those it could be could cause this but is defiantly one of them.

There is also a possibility that the condenser coils may be covered in dust/dirt/pet hair, the prime job of a condenser is to cool the refrigerant and expel the heat out of the refrigerator continuously until the air inside the fridge and freezer is at the set temperature. When the coils are blocked due to dirt, the process of expelling heat is affected, and the coolant cannot do its job. I would suggest before you think about repairs or changing out the unit, take a look behind your fridge where those coils are located to determine if they need cleaning!

If you discover they are dirty and need cleaning, I would take this approach first and hope that cleaning them is the answer here. I can imagine you must be thinking about how to clean the, let me put that also more into detail.

• Pull the refrigerator away from the wall, you will need to get to those coils located at the back. 
  • Always power down any electrical item, safety should always be considered first!
  • Use your vacuum cleaner to remove any dust dirt or hair. (You may want to use those attachments that you haven't used before)
  • A paintbrush can also be used to get to those tough areas.
  • Vacuum up all the dirt you knocked loose onto the floor.
  • It's advised that a Freezer can take up to four hours to regulate your set temperature.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven