TechFixer
TechFixer,
Experience:  dasdasd
115999627

Just turned on new remote picture seems to big for screen,

Just turned on new remote picture seems to big for screen
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Toshiba RL 93/RL95DigitalSeries
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba product?
Customer: when TV is on without TiVo box picture ok . Turn on new tivo remote picture goes too big
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi and Thank you for using JustAnswer, please allow me a few moments to check over all the details you have provided my assistant pearl!

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been not-so-positive with the TiVo Box.

Thank you for sending all the initial information over, I wanted to capture some additional information before making further suggestions.

• I just wanted to clarify that you are referring to the Virgin Media TiVo Box.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello is anybody there

Perfect, I really appreciate you letting me have that additional information.

It has come to my attention that your Virgin Digibox is unable to automatically update its video settings based on the ratio of your Television. I would recommend as the auto-configuration is not working, you will need to process the changes manually.

I will include those instructions that you need to apply these changes.

• Press Home on the remote
  • Select Help & Settings
  • Choose Settings
  • Select Video Output

This lets you adjust the way the TV picture fits into your screen.

Select from the following options:

• Full: Set your picture to fill the entire screen. 16:9 (Widescreen) content will display normally, but programs shown in 4:3 may look stretched to fill the full screen.
  • Panel: Perfect if you’re watching a film or program shot in widescreen. Programs shown in 16:9 will be displayed normally, but programs shot in 4:3 might be displayed with bars on the left and right of the picture.
  • Zoom: Widescreen content will display normally in this mode, but 4:3 content might appear with the top and bottom cut off.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and I look forward to assisting you in the near future!

Steven

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have selected video output then it tells me to consult TV manual for list of formats it supports.a list appears on the screen with these numbers 576i 576p 720p 180i

Try 720

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Seem to be getting nowhere In my humble opinion I think it may be the TiVo box itself.tried your suggestions and nothing happens
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Cancel any future payment.this was just one single payment of £1. I have cancelled any further payments on pay pal.thank you.