Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have just updated my printer to an XP-3150 model and have

I have just updated my printer to an XP-3150 model and have installed it successfully, but, although it scans OK, in Print mode, copies are very faint and unreadable. I have checked the ink cartridges and, yes, the tabs were removed before installation. John
JA: How are you connecting to your XP-3150: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: USB, as I couldn't work out how to link with Wi-fi.
JA: Does anything change if you turn the printer off and then on again?
Customer: No, I have been doing this over several days, including a complete shutdown of my laptop.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your XP-3150 printer and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Hi.  What happened before the issue started?

Without the information I requested, I am only able to provide you with a general answer, but I hope this helps.  First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris, packing tape or film, and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges. Then test

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have only just found your last 3 replies. I will try your suggestions and come back when done.

Ok, thanks.  Just reply after.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Had to stop for a meal. I've checked for debris - none found; removed cartridges; removed power source, but left printer switched on, and 20 mins is now expired, so will reconnect and replace cartridges, when all is quiet. Fingers crossed!

Part of the reset involves the powering off by pulling the power cord and leaving it off.  Go ahead and do it again after you test it this way first, if needed.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Success! A perfect print has emerged. Thank you for your help and expertise, Sheri. John

Hi John,

That is good news.  I am glad it's working. You are very welcome.  It is my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Excellent service with a most satisfactory result. Thank you!

You are very welcome.