Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I am visiting from the US while my son is out of the

Hello! I am visiting from the US while my son is out of the country. I do not know their account#-sorry. Their names are ***** ***** Emma Steck, 43 Long Deacon Rd, Chingford. As of today, there is no signal on both TV’s and I have no idea of how to fix this. Can you assist with this, please? Thank you
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: one is a LG and the other is a Phillips. I have no idea of the age of either of these. Is there any way that you can access their account for this info? Thanks
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: when I turn on the LG, HDM1 comes up, then the screen that says: no signal please check the power of the external devices and cable connection status press the whatever key on your remote to change another input. This is what I get on the LG. Let me turn on the Philips and I will send that info to you.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: now the Philips is working, but not the LG…😩

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is***** have over 10 years of experience and I will be assisting you today. I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue.

Please allow me a couple of minutes to respond to your request below. If you would like to add any extra information while I am typing out your information, please feel free to respond and I will review it.

---------------------------

Let's try a reset on your cable/satellite box...

Unplug the power cord to your cable/satellite box

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results. If the issue continues, please let me know who your cable/satellite provider is.

I am following up with you. I have provided steps or information above that you have not responded back to yet. Please take a minute to review the conversation above and if you still need help, please respond back so that we can continue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, you can either reply stating it was resolved or simply read this message here and the response below without a response.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, Josh,Thank you very much for your assistance; it was greatly appreciated! I did what you suggested, and it worked! I am so relieved. Of course, it would not hurt me to have to read lots of books- instead of the TV. I hope that you have a nice rest of the weekend! Take care, Betty Steck
You're welcome!