How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Software Engineer
Category: Email
Satisfied Customers: 44591
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Type Your Email Question Here...
Richard is online now

I have a PC120 camcorder with a Firewire output. Since my

This answer was rated:

I have a PC120 camcorder with a 'Firewire' output. Since my laptop does not have a Firewire port, can you advise me how to handle my holiday etc videos from the camcorder? Can you recommend a device for linking the 2 devices?

Keith Hume
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You need the Pinnacle Studio Moviebox for this.

It inputs Firewire and outputs to USB for connecting to the computer.

It is made for computers with no Firewire Ports.

It is a little pricey, but that is because it works. Nearly all Firewire to USB adapters do not as they cannot handle the transfer rate correctly. This product does.

you can review it here

Click me to view

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard and other Email Specialists are ready to help you