IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I sent several emails yesterday. After about 1 hour I wated

Hi I sent several emails yesterday. After about 1 hour I wated to send another. When I press send I get this message. Cannot send mail. The user name.or password ***** SMTP *****@******.***@ SMTP .mail.com is incorrect. Then underneath it says settings ok. I am using an I pad and have not changed any settings or password. . I cannot receive or send emails.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please type only the last part of your e-mail address and I will check what can be done.

For example: @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
@mail.com
OK.

Please check if you can log in to your e-mail account via mail.com web interface. Here is the link:

http://www.mail.com

Let me know what it says there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanx I have reset my password ***** next Les
OK.

If you couldn't log in with the password ***** entered on your iPad, so you had to reset the password ***** order to log in to mail.com web interface, then it means the password ***** entered on iPad was incorrect - that would explain the error message you see.

So, now when you changed (reset) the password, you will need to either update it on iPad or delete and re-add the account using a new password.

To do that, go to Settings and then on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanx that seems to have fixed the problem however it says 11 emails unsent. These are the ones I kept trying yesterday will they just stay there or how can I remove
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Expert thank you for your assistance sorted my problem out very quick. Well done and thank you regards Les.
If you updated the password on your iPad, then you should be able to successfully send and receive all e-mails.

I am glad I could help solve the problem!

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Regards,
IT Miro