Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

When I attempt to open an email attachment I get a notice saying

When I attempt to open an email attachment I get a notice saying "Word has experienced a problem opening this file" - the file fails to open
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Do you use any email program, e.g. Outlook, to access your emails now?
May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now?Please reply back using the Reply box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use Outlook 2010.

Yes you may set up remote session

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link: Click 'I Agree', then download the remote file when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Thank you, ***** ***** :)